It's fair to say that I'am not alone on this quest. In fact, I'm 4th in the user ranking. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals are assigned to:
- Lodder - London, United Kingdom 11.400
- johanpw - Norway/Bolivia 7,273
- FFrewin - Greece 6,622
Let's celebrate together these achivements on 10th Joomla Birthday!
At this time, I am devoted to implement Ionic Framework. It is a beautiful, open source front-end SDK for developing hybrid mobile apps with HTML5.
Today, they have just published a blog post about their unique vision about mobile delopment and Why we are building the Ionic Platform. Beyond native apps and the unicorn developer syndrome, Ionic Framework aims to build mobile apps with a web stack, on most widely used and known technology in the world.
Our intense focus on hybrid developers was validated once Ionic started gaining traction, Apple and Google started featuring Ionic apps as best-in-class, and developers came to us asking for recommendations for push notifications, databases, app servers, analytics, and everything in between.
From Internet inception and the web 'information' era, we are now entering in a new phase where information is not only available, it is is available everywhere at any time. This new tide is just rising. I have just found this great presentation of the current state of adoption.
Mobile remakes the tech industry
A year ago, I started answering questions on Joomla StackExchange.
StackExchange is very helful to provide stats and badgets. Let's review the experience in numbers:
My Top Answers
- Upgrade from 2.5 to 3.x overview
- How can we get involved in Joomla! CMS Testing?
- How to build a RESTful API with Joomla
- Tracking contact form submissions for different pages with Google Analytics
- Is there a way to have the article edit box stretch the full width of the screen in Joomla 2.5?Is there a way to have the article edit box stretch the full width of the screen in Joomla 2.5?
Reaching 4,000 reputation
Reputation has been steadily growing. I am devoting less time these months, but at least once per day I visit the site to check new interesting questions.
According to StackOverflow 2015 Developer Survey, I am on 0.9% of active users. Additionally, the survey claims that there is a link between compensation and reputation... let's see.
Even though, my wife always asks why I waste time on that site, I plan to be answering more questions!
- Extly Tech
- Team Leader / Senior Developer
- Empower your project with our web solutions
- Today, specialized in Laravel, Amazon AWS, and Ionic (Angular)
- A Joomla Volunteer